October 25, 2019
Sidney's Picks: Chicago Teachers, Eastman Scandal, Red Thursdays
Marc-John Dombrowski, Creative Commons.
- More than a raise: Chicago teachers are striking for the whole community.
- Why We Wear Red on Thursdays: How Communication Workers of America mourns its dead and nurtures its fighting spirit.
- Trump-endorsed Pebble Mine could destroy the world’s last great sockeye fishery for just 20 years of private mining profits.
- Hillman Prize-winner Seth Freed Wessler on the US Marshalls’ deadly detention empire.
- Prestigious Eastman School of Music throws its South Korean players under the tour bus for China.
- Subterranean Homesick Blues? Inside the tiny basement homes of Queens immigrants.