April 5, 2019
Sidney's Picks: Freelancers Yearn for Unions; Cy Vance Lives Large
Illustration by Chris Blakely, Creative Commons.
The Best of the Week’s News:
- Freelancers want to join unions, but the law won’t let them.
- How corporate lobbyists conspire to make filing your taxes needlessly miserable.
- Manhattan DA Cy Vance sucked a quarter million from a forfeiture slush fund for lavish dining and travel.
- No, you can’t die from touching fentanyl.
- “Someone is always trying to kill you”: Violence against women in Central America