Sidney's Picks: The End of the Line for a Child-Jailing Judge
Truthout, Creative Commons.
Best of the Week’s News:
- A judge accused of illegally jailing Black children has announced her retirement in the wake of a Sidney-winning investigation by WPLN News and ProPublica. (WPLN)
- Why newsrooms are unionizing non-stop (Nieman Reports)
- How antisemitic conspiracy theories contributed to a hostage crisis at a Texas synagogue. (Conversation)
- The hospital staffing crisis is caused by greed and poor working conditions, nurses say. (NYT)
- Workwear maker Carhartt says it’s keeping its vaccine mandate despite the Supreme Court striking down the vaccinate or test requirement for large employers, but Starbucks is scrapping theirs. (WaPo, NPR)