2022 Hillman Prize Call for Entries on Now through Jan 30
Attention journalists, editors, and awards coordinators:
The Sidney Hillman Foundation is now accepting nominations for the 2022 Hillman Prizes honoring excellence in investigative journalism and commentary. The deadline for entries is January 30, 2022.
The Hillman Prizes celebrate investigative reporting and deep storytelling that highlights social or economic injustice and contributes to meaningful public policy change.
Entries will be judged on the following criteria:
- Significance of journalism in service of the common good
- Resourcefulness and courage in reporting
- Skill in relating the story
- Impact of the investigation
Prizes will be awarded in the following categories:
- Book (nonfiction)
- Newspaper Reporting (print/online)
- Magazine Reporting (print/online)
- Broadcast Journalism (story/series/documentary at least 20 minutes in total package length)
- Web Journalism (story, series or multimedia project that appeared online. May include text, photo, video, graphics)
- Opinion & Analysis Journalism (commentary and analysis in any medium)
Entries must have been published/broadcast in 2021 and have been made widely available to a U.S audience. Nominated material and a cover letter can be entered here. There is no fee to enter.
Hillman Prize winners will be awarded a $5,000 honorarium and a certificate at an event to be held in-person in New York City on May 3, pandemic restrictions permitting.