Sidney's Picks: Wildfires, Lies, and Protests
Daria Devyatkina, Creative Commons. California wildfire, 2013.
The Best of the Week’s News:
- Wildfires in California have already smashed all records, consuming 2.2 million acres…and the fire season has barely even started. (LiveScience, Buzzfeed)
- While the U.S. grapples with widespread hunger, France will keep paying up to 84% of the salaries of workers furloughed by COVID-19 until next summer. (NYT, ABC)
- Michelle Goldberg on what the Woodward tapes reveal about Trump’s lies. (NYT)
- Why is the DOJ getting involved in E. Jean Carroll’s defamation lawsuit against Trump? (MoJo)
- At least 9 people have been killed in anti-police brutality protests in Colombia. (CBC)