Sidney's Picks: 150 Million Indians Strike, Hong Kong Workers Flock to Unions, and Parrots are Communists
Papooga, Creative Commons: Baby African Grey parrots sharing some strawberries.
The Best of the Week’s News:
- 150 million Indians went on strike to protest a law that would gut workplace democracy.
- Hong Kong workers flock to unions to assert their rights, protest the state.
- Raising the minimum wage could reduce the suicide rate, new study suggests.
- Polly wanna cracker? To Polly unto her need.
- Guns, Trump, Jr., and the right wing’s fixation on the Crusades.
- Womp-womp: Trump’s investigation into Hillary Clinton fizzles.